Saturday, January 19, 2008

All I Wanted Was a New Lens...

and I almost ended up with a baby!

Chuck and I went to Samy's Camera last night to pick up the 85 1.8 lens I ordered last week. On our way back to the freeway we got side swiped by a car pulling out of a driveway. Luckily we weren't going that fast and the car that hit us wasn't going very fast, but their car was totaled and our car has a pretty fat dent in the back passenger car door. Chuck saw the guy coming and was able to speed up and swerve so the car avoided hitting me. We fishtailed for a least 100 yards and almost hit a tree and then a curb before we came to a stop. Needless to say, it was pretty scary. I kept thinking that the airbags were going to go off. When we came to a stop I was really panicked and couldn't breathe so a fire truck and ambulance came for the pregnant girl. My vitals were totally fine, but I hadn't felt the baby move since the accident so we called my doctor who sent us to labor and delivery to get checked out. Everything initially looked fine and they were just going to run some tests and observe me for a couple of hours. About half an hour before they were going to discharge me I started having minute long contractions about 1 to 2 minutes apart. I was dilated to 1 centimeter and 50 - 60% effaced. After walking for 45 minutes the contractions subsided and I hadn't dilated anymore. At 12:30 we were finally discharged and went to In N Out for dinner. Finally. Exciting night!

At least I got my lens and I got to sample the ice chips at the hospital, which were really good! I'm off to shoot Ashley and Tyson's wedding! Yes, I'm crazy. I realize this. But, what else am I going to do? Lay in bed all day? I have the help of my amazing friend Trista who is there backing me up. I doubt I'll make it for that long, but at least I can go and make sure everything is okay. And who knows. Maybe this will help speed things along further and we'll have a baby tomorrow! Keep your fingers crossed!

Edit:
Here's a picture I snapped of our car before sending it off to the autobody shop. Not super bad damage, but I'm just happy Chuck speed up so they didn't hit the front passenger door.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 3:46 PM, Blogger Shannon McFarland said...

ummm...I'll say it for everyone....HOLY MOLY!!!! I'm a first time commenter here, but I just wanted to warn you, that Babies do that....stop moving just before its time to deliver, don't be surprised if you end up having that baby in the next 24 hours, or at the very least, are admitted, & waiting!!!! Have FUN, & enjoy every single minute of it!!!! Its an AMAZING experience!!!! I hope you have a quick, easy delivery!!!!

Much Love & Many Blessings,

;) Shannon

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Kristina said...

OMG!!! What a day. I'm giggling that you are working now though. As long as you take it easy you will be fine! I worked the day I went into labour! Although I was just sitting at a desk, not lugging around camera equipment or... *gasp* standing on chairs! haha! Good luck!

 
At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh thank goodness everything is okay! I loooooove the ice chips from the hospital, they really are the best!! Keeping you and Baby in my thoughts:)

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Kenzie Shores Photography said...

WOW! talk about a crazy night!
kenzie

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger Dennis Bullock said...

Wow....thank goodness you guys are all ok. Blessings.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home