Thursday, January 03, 2008

Rachel & Matt

Rachel and Matt are from Idaho and they wanted a very "Californian" location for their engagement pictures. I suggested the San Juan Capistrano Mission because besides the beach you can't get much more Californian than that. I love shooting at the mission. It's such a gorgeous location! We went down to the beach after the mission and it was COLD! Even they were cold so I know it wasn't just me being a wimp!

I hadn't met Rachel and Matt before shooting their engagement pictures and I was pleasantly surprised at how well we all got along. They are so cute and so in love! And they are really nice. People from the midwest are so nice! I thought it was just people from Ohio and Kentucky, but I'm adding Idaho to my list now too. They even brought a gift for the baby. Very appropriately one of the presents is a book about farms. That way Brayden will know all about farms when we travel to Idaho for their wedding in June!

They are getting married in Downtown Boise at a big, beautiful Cathedral. It's going to be a nice change to shoot in Idaho! I'm very excited!

Matt and Rachel, thanks so much for trusting me to shoot your wedding! You two were a blast to hang out with and I'm excited to get to know you both more over the next 6 months! Stay warm and I'll see you in June! Here's your slideshow!

*** I used a country song in the slideshow and those who know me know how I feel about country. Icky. But, I figured Rachel and Matt are from Idaho so they probably like country. And I really like this song. I was introduced to it at Brigid and Dave's wedding. It makes me a little teary eyed. I think it's the hormones...














Labels:

7 Comments:

At 7:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They look great and you had some good light to work with.

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Polka Dot Bride said...

Sure its the hormones! ;)

I love that sunset shot!

 
At 11:31 PM, Blogger Paige said...

Gosh you take amazing pictures! By the way Brayden is a GREAT name (that's my little guys name, Braden Dodger)Good choice!

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger Courteney Miller said...

Hi Drew...I'm a "just starting out" photographer in Houston, Texas and just thought I would drop a line about how beautiful your pictures are! The lighting was great and that song "Broken Road" by Rascal Flatts gets me all teary eyed too! My husband and I danced to that for our first dance at our wedding. Happy New Year and God Bless!

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger DrewB said...

Wow, thanks for all the comments everyone! Totally made my day!

 
At 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you know how I feel about candy-colored flats...love the green! :)
also, another good friend just had their first dance this weekend to the same Rascal Flatts song. I was misty-eyed for sure.

 
At 2:50 AM, Blogger kaylinl said...

Drew, sorry its taken so long for me to respond. Tom and i are thrilled with the pictures of matt and rachel. I dont know how you did but you captured the sweetness they have for each other. Thank you so much. See you in June!!
Love Kaylin and Tom (parents of the groom)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home